Van Fit

Van fit what you may ask?

Dapol's "B537" Van Fit, when was this introduced to the BR era? Is it suitable for around 1950- 1960? Or is a later wagon?

Reply to
piemanlarger

I'm certainly not the world's leading wagon expert, but that looks like one of the former insulated fish vans which were coverted to 'normal' vans in the late '60s.

More details here :-

airsmoothed

wagon on the Eastern Region ,IIRC. Brian

Reply to
Brian Williams

It is certainly not appropriate for 1950-1960, because it has a boxed data panel on the wagon side. These were not introduced until well after 1960 IIRC. Prior to that there was just basic data on a black background.

Reply to
Jon

Not sure if the black background was often used on bauxite wagons, though - I think letters and numbers were applied directly in the vast majority of cases. Grey (unfitted) wagons, on the other hand, always had the black background.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher