Website news (Advert)

My Bristol Railway Archive website has had another big update.

New stations on the archive include Shirehampton, Sea Mills, Avonmouth, Parkway and Stapleton Road plus plenty of the smaller accessible overbridges and underbridges etc.

The EWS coal handling facilities may be of particular interest to those on the newsgroup, especially as Walthers do a kit that looks very much like the loader :)

There's also a Bristol railways themed screensaver available for download.

All in all there are now over 500 pics of the railways in and around Bristol onsite.

My model railway site
has achieved a rather remarkable 12,000 individual page hits in the last seven days, while 127 people added it to their favourites list. The XTrkCad software was downloaded a staggering 95 times. (staggering to me anyway considering there is a homepage for the software and you would expect most people to download it there!)

The biggest referer to the website was Google, who are still spidering the website nightly, and of the recognisable wepage referers the biggest one was Nick Gurney's

with 42 people finding their way to my site from his during the week. The next largest recognisable ukwrecker url is Adrian Rothery's Waldovian State Railway website. (
)

Clearly not as popular as Pat's website, but still a good place to stick a news story or web url if you want fellow model railway enthusiasts to see what you're up to :)

Pete

Reply to
mutley

oops, at the risk of iccuring wrath for advertising it twice, the coal loader can be found here:

ta, Pete

Reply to
mutley

Looking at

it's a shame they've blocked up the doorway at the base of the tower permanently. I used to play in there as a kid by getting in from the top. I bet you can't do that now. I lived very near, behind St Marks Church in Church Street when the station was still four tracks, and must have seen Westerns, but I can't remember them!!!!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Boyd