website

Hi there, In between studying for A-levels ;) I have been putting together a small website about my collection of vintage machinery (mostly Villiers, Lister etc.) if anyone is interested.

Regards, Matt Keeling

Reply to
Matt Keeling

Don't know why, Matt, but I tried to connect and failed. Some troubleshooting needed, methinks.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

-------------------------------------------------------------- I had no problems connecting Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H

It is a good start, and it has interesting content. That said there is room for improvement which could make it more user friendly. The white text over the Generic/blackwav.gif on the 1949 Lister page is not easy to read, the same goes for the text on the initial page. Optimising the images would also result in better load times for the site.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Excellent first effort! More than I've ever got around to doing.

One thing, on the Villiers 20 page, the first picture takes about 30 seconds to load through my Broadband connection and then it's too fuzzy to read the serial number!

Like the paint job.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I've just tried it again and everything works fine. My home connection hass been dodgy for a little while.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin