what a let down

no new photos on Hornbys site, just the same list as we had seen last week, and no news on pats site, off to bed!

Happy new year!

Reply to
piemanlarger

Hmmm - I'm curious though why there are "four new Stanier coaches" and yet only three in each livery in the summary. Different diagrams for one of them?

They also appear to be listing a 3F... Happy New Year. Let's see what Bachmann announce.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Its on Pat's site at 01.00

Reply to
David Smith

"Mark Dickerson" wrote

I'm pretty certain that's the Jinty 0-6-0T - no doubt reintroduced to scupper the sales of the Bachmann model.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, but nothing different from hornbys vague web site descriptions.

At least last year we had photos!"

Reply to
piemanlarger

Patience.....

Reply to
Rob

Also:

"Class A3 'Flying Scotsman' will also be available in a Live Steam (R1058). The set includes the locomotive, controller, transformer, track and operating accessories."

But no coaches???

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas

"Craig Douglas" wrote

Eh? What's up with the Gresleys?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Looks like it, and presumably just a repaint. MREMAG list the 4th Stanier coach as a Full Brake, presumably the wartime version I was going to make from the kit I've just bought. Logical, but not as numerous as a Gresley Full Brake.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

(snippeed) MREMAG list the 4th

I was wondering whether the Stanier coaches were the old Airfix/Mainline tooling which Hornby presumably acquired via Dapol, but a BG tends to rule that out.

What a pity they chose to do a Gresley Sleeper rather than a Full Brake. The latter would certainly have been much more useful.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Supposedly they are all new as the gresley coaches are. I'd guess at £22 for the BR version and £25 for the LMS, presuming they wont have lights!

Yes, every show I have been to has seen traders sell out of the other BR versions and then being left with loads of sleeping coaches! Its a pity the brake is not being added to the range for 05.

Pieman

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

Those prices sound remarkably cheap when compared with the recent Gresley & Pullman coaches, or are they the prices quoted by the stack-it-high, sell-it-cheap brigade?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

BR Gresley are £22 everywhere I have seen them, shows and local model shops, apart from yourself I take it?

Reply to
piemanlarger

The ex-Triang Jinty has been in Hornby's catalogue before.... it remains to be seen whether Bachmann's 3F forces it to be withdrawn.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"piemanlarger" wrote

Quoting other than recommended retail price is misleading, it's the only consistent guide we have. The RRP for the BR Gresley's is £28.00 and £35.00 for the teak versions.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Ruddy" wrote

The Bachmann model is infinitely finer - just a pity the running qualities are so indifferent.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I agree - the pictures I have seen show the Bachmann model to be exquisite - except for that chimney. However, even in the past better models from other manufacturers havn't forced Hornby to withdraw models.

Reply to
John Ruddy

As a punter I am not interested in RRP, just the best deal I can get, usually! We would all have allot less stock if RRp was the deal we got, I still think the BR Stanier will be similarly priced to BR gresley with the LMS slightly cheaper.

You should have received your dealer order sheets by now John, is there no prices with them?

Simon

Reply to
piemanlarger

That's because hardly anyone likes blood & custard livery. The maroon version will be much more popular and hence probably discounted less.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Oh right, that explains why we struggle to keep a good stock of them. Bloody customers, fancy buying stuff they don't like! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner