Who's out there?

Are we talking about the same VM ? IBM mainframe OS. Must admit have lost track of m/f world since it became possible to earn money with PC's etc. Simon

Reply to
simon

It is often necessary to reinstall Windows from a recovery partition when the boot sector has become corrupted. Recovery partitions do not offer the option of a partial install so a complete format is necessary. If the boot priority BIOS settings have become corrupted it is possible that the wrong hard drive is reformatted. Occasionally the boot priority setting will have been altered manually in an attempt to boot from another source and if it is not changed back Windows will again reformat the 'wrong' drive. Just two days ago I was forced to reformat a secondary hard drive in the hope of using it to recover data and programs from the main drive. That failed so I was forced to reformat the main drive anyway.

Then contact your local Hewlett-Packard or similar PC distributor as soon as possible.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yes.

-- Rod

Reply to
Benny

A lot of places still use it. I work with it for stand-alone code - because of the architectural interfaces it provides that MVS doesn't.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee