ZTC's Dreadful Service

The insulating fishplates are not UV hardened. Think mu PVC versus old srtyle PVC double glazing.

I'd go with cutting an insulating slot and then filling with milliput (from experience I know milliput will cope with pretty arduous conditions, sea air, sea spray etc) or araldite per Chris's post. Long term per your garden oo just so long as it ain't a metal filled epoxy then it'd be a contender for experiment.

Reply to
Nick Coe (UK)

What's DP? ZTC has an agreement with Digitrax to rebadge their decoders, however CV8 still indicates the manufacturer as Digitrax so you can always check. I only have one of them so I don't know how many models it covers. The agreement is supposed to work both ways but I've no idea which if any ZTC items Digitrax sells. (CV8, Lenz = 99, Digitrax = 129, ZTC = 132, Soundtraxx = 141.)

With Soundtraxx I assume you meant, Digitraxx ands Soundtraxx are not the same. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I asked David Nichols last year about compatibility - ie. Could I plug in a Lenz throttle to my ZTC 511.

Reply was :why do you want to do that? (Simple answer was that it was at the time cheaper than his hand held controller) but I gave the reply - what if my friend wanted to bring their controller over with their locos for a running session . It was met with a blank look!. They have now brought out the software to do this (£40 upgrade + £20 P&p to send the 511 back to Glastonbury) but not changed the plug, hence the £5 to convert.

I wouldn't use any others, I can't get to grips with the jumpiness of the buttons on the LH100's, but I did win the 511, so I could be giving a bias view. I do use Lenz decoders though, as ZTC are far to expensive and I don't personally rate Digitrax decoders.

Andy

Rant over, have a good day.

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

In message , Keith Norgrove writes

Sorry - Decoder Pro

They aren't? Sorry my mistake, I was under the impression that Soundtraxx was the trade name used by Digitraxx for their sound decoders

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

So much for a hand controller. What about all the other bits other makers have had out for years. No feed back system for ZTC, not computer interface for ZTC, years in the waiting. Only just got the block occupancy detector out and you then have to buy a lot of other things as add on's to get it to do any thing. It does not integrate with the 511 controller for feed back info. What's the point of it. They have missed the boat with any form of business plan to come up to date with the things people need to build a comprehensive ZTC DCC layout. Even their DVD lacks any convincing reason to buy a DCC system, ZTC or any makers. To be able to double head is nothing, be doing it for years on DC. Dont remember seeing anything in the film which was controlled by DCC other than the trains, great!

Why not solve the bugs that people have complained about with their system, still nothing and thats after they went on DCCUK and said they would do some thing about it. The directional lighting would be easy to fix.

As for sound, very nice, all for it. But why before they had any of the other gear required, odd.

Reply to
alisonjones234

Ian, Have a look at , you will see that Digitrax are about to release their own sound decoders.

Soundtraxx are at and there is no sign of any link to Digitraxx, street address is completely different. Regards Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

^^^^

Is that a technical term??

VBG ;-)

Reply to
Colin Reeves

"Colin Reeves" wrote

Not technical, but most certainly descriptive! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner