Brazing Question

I am starting to learn how to braze. For you right handed people, do you hold the torch with your left hand and rod with the right or the other way around? How bout the left handed people out there?

I'm right handed and seems I'm more comfortable with the toch in the left and rod in the right.

Reply to
cunning linguist

It's been a long, long time but the last time I did it I held the torch in my right hand and the rod in my left. I'm mostly right handed, with enough ambidexterity (ambisinsterity to my radical left-handed friends) to switch hands when I need to.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

"Tim Wescott" wrote: (clip) enough ambidexterity (ambisinsterity to my radical left-handed friends)(clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am right handed, with no fine control on my sinister side. I hold the torch in my right hand.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Cunning linguist? Are you sure you're not just a "master debater"? :)

Reply to
Eide

Haha. I've heard that one before!

I'm holding the filler with my right hand because I usually hold a welding element with my right hand like my stick welder or my mig welder. However, when I do electrical soldering I hold the pen with my right and and solder with my left.

Reply to
cunning linguist