Cable jackets???

Does anyone have any good or bad experience with cable jackets such as the ones used to protect water cooled TIG torch hoses and cables? We have water
cooled wire feed guns at work and the jackets are falling apart from abrasion. Has anyone purchase those zipper type sleeves and used them in extreme conditions? Has anyone used some commercial hose protection system ?? Randy
What kind of jackets do you have - the cloth type ?
I have to 25' leather with Velcro - I also use (belt and suspender guy) tie wraps on several points. It holds up great under dragging and hot fire metal on it from Plasma torch.
Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member
R. Zimmerman wrote:

-
cable jackets are made to be a 'consumable' to keep from replacing expensive hoses/cables.
--
J Miller
"Martin H. Eastburn" < snipped-for-privacy@consolidated.net> wrote in message
The sleeve on this water cooled MIG gun lead is expensive and very difficult to install. It is shot for the end four feet so we cut the ragged section off and slid the good section down to the gun leaving the end near the boom open then taped it up. The whole gun lead is around 800 Canadian. I suggested purchasing a TIG sleeve... I didn't know there were leather ones available.. thanks. Randy

Plasma machines use leather ones. Hypertherm catalog. They are about as thick as a quality stick welder leather jacket. Martin
Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member
R. Zimmerman wrote:

-

You dont have the jackets on your hoses?????????????
Its mandatory. Or wrap the hoses in duct tape, which actually works pretty damned well.
Gunner
"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Goto Home Depot and get some thick-walled hose that will fit over it and cut it length-wise and Tywrap it every few feet.
Reason for thick-walled is sparks eating through.

knowone wrote:

I find scotch friction tape works well. costs maybe 8 bucks for 2 rolls. lasts a long time