HF and hoses

Hello,
Ok, so I am familiar with the older HF arc starters and
stabilizers ... large units, spark gaps, line inductor filters, and
more. I also know about lift arc technology, but what I do not have
information on is the latest and greatest in HF arc electronics that
can be found in the newest of inverter style welders. Is there
anyone out there who can discuss this?
Also, what kind of (plastic) material is used in the hoses that carry
shield gas and water.
Inside the power cable, which is also the water supply, there is a
cable for power to the torch head. If properly sized, is stainless
steel cable good for this application?
Is there any source for the type of hose fittings that are used in TIG
torches? Thank you.
John
Reply to
cat143
the "plastic" tubes are usually a nylon.
i'm guessing a small inverter's HF (voltage and frequency) is controlled by solid state circuitry coupled into some very simple HF filters to the main lead. what exactly do you need to know about it??
as for ss as the power lead...., i suspect you need to know how it affects inductance and capacitance while under load conditions. i'm pretty sure though that if ss was any good for such the manufacturers would be using it....
Reply to
Kryptoknight