Hobart any good?

I'm considering a Hobart Ironman 210 MIG machine, but not familiar with the company. I know it's owned by Miller, but is it de-branded crap?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

absolutely.............not

Reply to
AMW

Not crap, or not something worth purchasing? I am weighing the $600 lower price than comparable Amperage Lincoln and Millers.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I've always known Hobart to be good quality machines, however I don't have personal knowledge of this particular machine

Richard

Reply to
AMW

A few years ago Hobart changed corporate hands, and it is not what it used to be.

They used to make all kinds of welders, including very well made industrial machines, made to run 24x7 in rough environment, but now they mostly make light duty consumer stuff (they have a medium duty engine welder that is about the only exception, if that).

So, yes, hobart used to make good machines, but it is different now.

I have a old Hobart welder that I love. (Cyber TIG)

Ignoramus22287

The Hobart Ironman welders are simpler than their Miller counterparts so they cost less. They are made in the same factory.

Hobart is Miller's home-owner, hobbyist, consumer line now. The machines are still good, but they are one step below the Millermatics as far as construction.

For hobby work or light fab they should work fine.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks guys.

Reply to