Cheapest price I ever paid for a AC-225 tombstone

$10 and it comes with a huge input cable

Reply to
Ignoramus14944

Forgot to say. The owner said that it was given to him for free, and the previous owner said that it was not working. Which does not bother me too much, as it has good scrap value, but I do wonder, which could possibly be wrong with an AC-225.

Reply to
Ignoramus14944

Take the case apart . If the transformer ain't smoked it's pretty much gotta be the switch , broken wire , or a bad connection . Hmmm , I never looked when I had mine open , do they have a thermal overload device ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I will check it out, hopefully tomorrow... Will let you guys know...

Ignoramus14944

Ill sell one to anyone in my area with QD leads for $50. Good stinger and ground.

Just need it gone. Its not pretty..someone spilled yellow paint on the side of it. But..it works just fine.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Bent contact in the range switch or a wire has come loose. Thats all Ive ever seen go wrong with these welders. I even know of one that was hit by lightening and still worked afterwards.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yep, good list

Reply to
Ignoramus14944

OK, the owner was wrong, I plugged it in, it works just fine.

In my experience, if a seller says "I do not know if it works" and accepts a super low price, I am always dealing with a 100% honest person, and often times there is nothing wrong with the item.

Ignoramus8108

I bought one that had the fan clogged up with dirt dobber nests and the fan was so restricted it would not let the machine turn on...... I cleaned it out and it worked like a charm.

Reply to
charlie briggs

Fan? AC-225?

Reply to