Claim agains rod man.

My neighbor showe me an advertizement from an aturney that is getting a class action suit against welding rod manufactures because of manganese type stuff . They give you a MSDS with the rods so it should be our falt But I would be caucis about useing 6013 and maybe think twice when I use S-6 solid core wire . Is this an old subject ?

Reply to
Lewis Edwards

It's old as far as the attorney doing the suing was on this group last month asking for help finding "old" MSDS sheets. Probably because the newer sheets caution the user to beware and he was hoping the older ones don't. You and I don't need an expert to tell us the smoke from 7000F degree arc is not good to breathe no matter what electrode burning or the type of stuff being worked on. What may be worse and tee's me off is when we are having a camp fire and the parents let the kids "play" with the fire by throwing anything and everything in it. Even burning marshmallows are poison in that environment let alone the wood itself. When anything burns, it is a chemical reaction that usually forms new stuff along with free radicals (ionized matter that is looking to steal an electron form something handy like your throat's tissue). In the arc plasma, oxygen from the arc is converted somehow from O2 to O3(ozone) which is very irritating stuff when you breathe it.

Reply to
Zorro