Connecting a tig torch to a welder

I have this tig torch 20-25:

The seller did not include promised collets and bodies and nozzles and backcap, but I hope that we'll work it out with him. He has 100% feedback.

What I am confused about is this. The torch has some odd looking connectors for water and gas hookup. Some are left hand threaded.

My welder has regular NPT pipe adaptors for water and gas

- gas out of welder: 1/4" NPT female screwed over 1/8" NPT male - Water in: I have a garden hose adaptor - Water out: 1/8" NPT male and 1/2" NPT female screwed on it.

How do I get that connected together?

I have already taken care of gas and water coming in, but I need to figure out how to do it coming out.

confused i

Reply to
Ignoramus1797

Hmm. Sounds like they had that one plumbed in with pipe instead of the standard adapters. You'll need several things for this to work then. First is the adapters for the 1/8" NPT to the fittings on the torch for the water in, gas in. Then you'll need the block for attaching the water out to the output terminal of the welder.

It's easier to get a kit. Unfortunately I didn't find a page with a picture but here's a kit like you need.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Yep. By the way, the gas line of the torch connects just fine with whatever I have, as I just discovered. The issue is water only.

Yes, that's 100% right, except that I am actually fine with gas.

Thank you. They seem to have more parts than I need, such as hoses. I already have 25 ft of hoses on the torch. I need just a NPT to "water in" hose and an adaptor for water out that connects to the electric terminal of the welder. The latter sells for $8 on ebay. If I could find the water in adaptor, I would be happy...

Ignoramus1797

There's places that sell those separate. You're welding supplier might have them. Just takes some looking.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Mittler will have them Igor.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

The only thing that needs connection to the welder..really..it the gas line. Most of the Tigs I see in operation dont run the water through the machine.

Gunner

Gunner

Thanks Rob, will check them out...

Ignoramus1797

Well, there is a water solenoid in the welder, it is actually nice to only run water when I need it.

Ignoramus1797

Are you using a recirculating pump, or tap water bled down the drain? If the pump...then I cannot see any reason to use the water solenoid. If tap water...then perhaps yes.

Gunner

Gunner

I am using tap water...

Ignoramus1797

Yes, I called Mittler and ordered the parts, should have them on Friday.

Ignoramus24489

------

My miller coolmate water pump is somewhat loud. Loud enough to be anoying in my quiet shop. I have my water cooler switched on and off by relay via the gas valve solenoid on my welder . I have a miller dynasty 300dx. It's a 24 volt relay that is needed, btw.

Oh, and it's one less thing to plug in or turn on when you want to weld.

Reply to
.