Deltaweld 451: S-60 vs. S-52E wirefeed?

Our Lincoln 255 mig welder just took a crap. Not sure what is wrong with it, maybe we will fix it, but I started thinking about replacing it with a real welder (read three phase Miller).

Right now I have two dozen welders for sale in my store, and a lot of choices.

My top two choices are two Deltaweld 451's, old style with analog everything and start/stop buttons. One has a S-60 wire feed and another has S-52E.

What wire feed is better? We use mostly 0.035" solid wire with gas.

Ignoramus4065

Too bad they are almost antique now, and if you do find one, it's been beat to death, but the Millermatic 200 was the best welding machine I ever owned, and I used the crap out of it. Never even ever replaced the contactor points, which everyone said was the first thing to fail. Musta got a good one. Also took care of it, since I bought it. If you can find one of those in good shape, I'd have a look. Put a WANTED ad out. As long as your tentacles are, you should be able to find one somewhere in your area, and pick it up or get it delivered. Other than that, the rest of the guys will have to advise of other brands that they have experience with. The 200 will burn .035" wire forever, JUST USE A .045" LINER, and the liner will last about 5x an .035" liner.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I beg to disagree. Those welders just do not wear out.

Ignoramus4065

My post extolling virtues of Millermatic 200 snipped ....

Psssst. Ig!

I just said that ................

Steve

Reply to