Ernie's spool gun?

--Hey Ernie do you recall the link to that nifty spool gun of yours? --TIA,

Reply to
steamer

Is this what you're looking for?

Zorro

--Yeah, that's it; thanks. Time to get my own... :-)

Reply to
steamer

I should post some photo's of my addition of a contactor controller to mine. It allows the gun to turn the machine power on and off so the tip isn't always hot. It works well when running it from MIG machines or TIG machines since both have contactor relays inside that are designed to talk to a remote switch.

Most stick machines lack a contactor control.

The tricky bit was positioning the microswitch inside.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

--Yeah, I remember. Sooner da better; it was a good modification! :-)

Reply to
steamer

Ernie can you give us a pricing break down on your MIG addition to your TIG and details on the contractor? Also which model of spoolgun did you buy and price? Thanks....

Reply to
Adam

The Readywelder was about $450, the connectors about $20, and the microswitch was about $2.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler