Experiments with polarity.

These stinger polarity settings seem best for 3/32 rod at approx 80 AMPS.

6011 + 6013 - 7014 -

What do you find best?

Reply to
BoyntonStu

I like to use the 3/32" 6011 with stinger negative. I used this for wrought iron repairs, and it worked great. I know it is suggested for a + stinger, but it works so good for thin tubing field repairs and installation.

I don't use 6013 or 7014.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Same as you:

6011 electrode positive 6013 electrode negative ( smoother arc ) 7014 electrode negative ditto

6011 +

6013 - 7014 -

What do you find best?

Reply to