Finished project - Trapeze Arch.

Last fall I spent a month building and installing this double arch in a friend's basement. It is structural, so we had to install the 2 steel I-beam arches on either side of the existing wooden beams and posts. Then we shifted the load to the steel and removed the wood so they had a free swinging space for practicing hanging trapeze acrobatics. Then I welded in the ladder rungs and later installed the second pipe arch.

Him and his wife (the lady in the image) have a dance troup called the Cabiri.

BTW the room measures 17 feet wide, 21 feet long and 13.5 feet high.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Looks like one kinky room Ernie,,,, Is this what you did with the down-time from the accident? Very cool in a Munster's sort of way :)~

Rob

Reply to
RDF

Wow. Not many peeps have a basement with 13.5' height, or especially one with a window that looks down onto other buildings. Must be built on the edge of a bluff?

Ken Grunke

Reply to
Ken Grunke

oh, sure...no close-ups of the actual welds.....

Nice work, Ernie...Kinda looks like a room that may have *other* purposes.

Reply to
Jamie Arnold (W)