FOLO: Cutting Advice

We have achieved cuttage.

2psi acetylene against 25psi O2, torch at a shallow angle, and go like hell. It isn't pretty, but it's cut. Thanks to all - MIke
Reply to
Michael Horowitz

Try turning your oxygen pressure down to about 6 or 8 psi. I have had problems where high oxygen pressures cooled the cut, rather than fueling it. In desperation, I read the manual and their recomended oxygen pressure was 6-8 psi (it was a small tip) and the result was nearly a religious experience to me. Drop cuts with minimal cleanup.

Bob

Reply to
MetalHead

Cool.. keep trying different stuff, you can do nice work in 1/8" material when you get everything right.

John

Reply to
JohnM