Free: 220 cu ft cylinder

Navy surplus. 1800 psi, so I guess it's really 200 cu ft. Out of test. Nitrous oxide valve (can't read the CGA number: CGA?26, 326?).

Airgas does not refill this size owner cylinder. They have pretty much bought up all the dealers around here, so I'm SOL. YMMV

In Carlisle, MA.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

hey Bob,

if you are willing to travel to the west 60 to 70 miles there is a fire extinguisher company which can certify the cylinder and install whatever valve on top assuming it doesn't burst in the test. If you were a little closer it would be tempting to make a trip but I can' seem to foresee going that way in the near future. There might be a fire extinguisher company which can deal in gasses around the corner.

I know Airgas has bought up Merriam graves which was my preferred local account. They have lied to me about Radnor contactor tips being made by tweco which tweco has told me is no longer the case and the ones the assured me were tweco didn't have the identifying markings that the thermadine teck rep said should be there. The prices of the big tanks aren't too bad if you ask first and get them to give you a decent price like last time but if you have a small tank like a 40 cu ft acetylene they want about twice of what I was paying a couple of years ago. Then there is the hazmat fees both on the leases and the exchanges which of course they don't quote you when you ask for a price. Still better than ABCO which bought out the other local outlet I had an account at.

Fran

Reply to
fran...123

Even if I did that, Airgas wouldn't refill it, so I'm stuck. I'm thinking that it might make an awesome wind chine .

Yeah, that's really annoying. Argon-CO2 is hazardous?? Even if it is, it should be folded into the price. Really annoying.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt