gas hose fitting terminology?

On common oxy-fuel hoses, I see fittings described as either A or B size. I know that B size is 9/16-18. What is the meaning of 'A' and 'B' in this context? Is there a 'C'? What size threads are size A?

Thanks, GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

see

if you order one of their catalogs it has all the info you'll need.

Richard

Reply to
AMW

In addition to what the Western catalog says... A size is most often used on tiny torches, and 1/8" hose or smaller. B size is used on most mid-range torches and hoses and C size on really big foundry torches.

I can't imagine what D size would be used on.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Kilns -- used in glass/ceramic/pottery manufacturing industries.

Reply to
Speechless