Generator

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

It should: my RV's 7KW Onan puts out 240V @ 30A quite nicely.

It's a CME7000 gasoline-fuelled unit.

When it comes to generators, the more output (maximum) the better the fuel economy at lower loads. A weaker unit has to run at its limit, thus using more fuel.

There's the added advantage that, if needed, the larger unit can run even more "stuff".

Reply to
RAM³

The one in my Newmar was a 7500 Emerald Something Onan. May see if I can pick up a used RV unit. Not crazy about Onan parts prices, but have had good luck with them on Onans, even rebuilding a carb once.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

You might want to check with outfits that scrap old Fire/Police trucks, too.

That's the normal use for units like mine: Emergency Services equipment.

Another source might be outfits that maintain oil-field logging/perforating trucks or tour busses.

You're right about the parts prices _but_ they _do_ hold up when properly maintained.

Reply to
RAM³