Generator?

Somebody's prayers, but not likely SteveB's. Note the small words :

Weight: 4630 lbs.

Guess what the shipping on that baby will be, especially if it has to come from a good distance? Looks like $15 K by the time you get it on your property. Oh, you also need a 120 AH, 900 CCA battery (sold separately) for it. Adds new meaning to "batteries not included"! That alone has to run several hundred $. Muffler sold separately? I wouldn't be surprised.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Nah, do their "Special order to store" and pickup yourself, so no extra shipping charges, and since it's at the store, use the 15% coupon too...

Reply to
Pete C.

Actually the nationwide average as of August was $0.12/KWH and in places like California, it can be as high as $0.20/KWH.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I've calculated the generation cost for a mid sized diesel genset a few times and each time I've found that the fuel cost per KWH pretty well matched the current utility cost per KWH, with the critical caveat that you had to be running the generator consistently at full rated load. Any time you are not running full load your cost per KWH goes up drastically. This of course also doesn't factor in maintenance parts like oil and filters.

Reply to
Pete C.