Gunner and span and S.E.J.W

Gunner, you promised not to drag spam and off-topic threads into this news-group. Out of respect for Ernie, as I recall. I suspect that a lot of people were supportive of your decision. All you have to do is delete our news-group from the amazing cross-posting that's on the Thanks, George thread to help us out a bit. How about it?

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian

Sorry Brian..I did NOT drag these buffoons into this group in the first place, nor visa vis this thread, , and after pulling the newsgroup out of the header stack..I thought it had remained out. Im reading the thread from another newsgroup. So either somone put it back in, or it was responded to back into the newsgroup.

In fact, I posted that I was indeed pulling this welding group out of the cross post list (see google if necessary) out of respect for both Ernie and the group at large.

However, I will make sure that in any further responses, this newsgroup gets deleted. But I can not do anything about any others who put it back in. Not legally anyways......

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner, is that 'legal' from a technical perspective? i.e. Standard Google tools/utilities can't do what you need. Or from a law/first amendment perspective? Thanks.

Reply to
John

I tend to think of such matters from a Foot Per Second perspective.

Gunner

Gunner

Much the same sort of thinking employed by an Iraq insurgent, when dispatching a US serviceman or woman then.

ken

Reply to
kenny

In that case, thanks for trying...

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Or much the same perspective used when an US serviceman or woman blows the vile heart out of a child murdering Islamic Militant fundamentalist terrorist .

Or uses high explosives to scatter his shit.

Similar in some ways to the way vile Islamic Militant Fundamentalist terrorists did when murdering innocent men, women and children in London a few days ago.

So, how long have you been a Islamic Militant Fundamentalist, or a supporter of them?

Was it the Religion of Peace that attracted you to them?

Gunner

Gunner

You just finished promising (again) that you weren't going to post crap like that here. Perhaps it's time for a summer class at the Darryl Strawberry School of Relapse Prevention.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

Long-time listener, infrequent poster. Gunner, please don't post, or respond to, these kinds of posts here. Rec.crafts.metalworking appears to be the appropriate group for that. This is my favorite newsgroup, not only for the subject and the wealth of information, but for the high signal-to-noise ratio.

thanks, Dave

dlwilson

I read and participated in RCM for at least five years, possibly more. Read a whole lot more than I posted, but I became a useful hobby machinist with their help. The noise ratio grew so high that I abandoned it some time ago - it's just another Internet sinkhole of useless, self important political crap now.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Very true about the high signal-to-noise ratio here. All due to the kindness of the posters--including some key participants--and willingness of most to stay away from debates that can well be carried on in other newsgroups.

With all good wishes, David Todtman

Reply to
David Todtman

Never learned to kill a thread or kill file a poster?

Shrug..your loss. Still lots of informative goings on there. On the other hand, if you were simply a lurker, and never asked any questions....you were not a participant and were simply leeching information.

Yes, there tend to be a lot of signal to noise at times. At others, there is little noise and a fair amount of signal. RCM is like a break room at a factory..any and every thing may be discussed at one time or another. On the one hand....you have a large core group of individuals who are smart, savy, experienced and are more than willing to teach anyone who asks, everything they know. But...if no one askes..they will indeed chat about just about anything. Given the state of the world at the moment, and the political ramifications..its a given that that will be large in the banter and chatting.

Can you EVER think, at any time in your various years on RCM..that a question ever went unanswered? Even the stupid ones? And yes..there are indeed stupid questions..."can I use an art gum eraser to deburr Hastaloy?...I asked cause I got a case of them from Boeing Surplus and didnt want to waste my money'.....and that sort of thing.

If you dont participate..dont expect people to lay what you want to know, or learn, out on the table for your consumption.

Ive learned scads of things from the folks at RCM. Ive been honored to have taught a few things to people. Someday Ill teach more than Ive learned. Shrug. With luck.

But like any group of smart, intelligent, individualists (and machinists are first and foremost individualists)..yes indeed..opinions on the damnedst things will get bashed back and forth Ive been on Usenet since at least 1996....8 yrs. There are good and bad times in newsgroups..times where lots of interesting discussions about how to make a .00005 capable VMC out of a Chinese Red Dragon Noodle and Machine Tool Collective 3 n 1 milling machine. And others where folks get bored as there is nothing new being discussed.

Shrug..if you werent part of the solution..dont take your ball and go home to Mum in a huss.

Gunner

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed?where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once." Judge Kozinski

Reply to
Gunner

All of the reasons Gunner uses for posting crap to RCM (that the group is for everything *plus* metalworking, that it's everyone else's job to weed out or wade through his crap and the responses, etc.) apply equally to SEJW. So if you invite him or anyone to post crap at RCM, you may as well be inviting them to do it here as well. So please please please please please don't encourage it anywhere except where it's on-topic, and even then, discourage it at the mindless level he thinks and writes at.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

Hi everyone here

Cool it. The gentleman in question has as good as apologised for posting to s.e.j.w. He said he made a mistake/slip, which is good enough for most folk.

It's wrong to come back arguing with the guy's general opinions - that is as big a mistake as spamming in the first place when he has as good as apologised.

I've looked up Gunner's contributions ono s.e.j.w. and, as I rightly recalled, his contributions are not "crap" - they are damn' useful contributions from someone who does welding and metals stuff themselves..

I come from Europe and your likely guess as to the slant of my political views would probably be correct. And that has no place on s.e.j.w. I have worked in the States. One guy I worked with, who was a great teacher and taught me foundry stuff, had "veteran status through conscripted service in South-East Asia in the early 1970's". And I used to enjoy signing-out when I couldn't stand any more work and going round the cigar shop to spend some time with the guys - most of which conversation was about carrying artillery about the person. And it was nice leaving behind computer programming, reports and all that for a couple of hours. There's simply different folks in the World.

Richard Smith

Reply to
richard.smith.met

Nobody said his postings here (except for a few, including one which came immediately after he said he wouldn't do it again for the

*second* time), were crap. Although most of his signatures are pure crap. But the *dozens of thousands* (no joke, 4000 on a search of a but a few key words
of poorly reasoned and just plain hysterical political stuff he posts off-topic elsewhere, is most *definitely* crap, and calling it that is being too kind. Why he spares SEJW from his retarded opinions and the rancor generated, but not RCM for instance, is a question for the magic eight ball.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

--Ctr-shift-K works wonders..

Reply to
steamer

Hmm... sort of like telling someone who's complaining about taggers that "acetone works wonders".

Here's what could work even better - tell Gunner that since we *know* he's capable of controlling his impulses in one technical group, that we expect him to do the same in the others. In order to accommodate those who might *want* to read his ah, other wisdom, he could include a sig like this - "for a glimpse into a twisted mind, see my other 30 posts per day at alt.political.crap".

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk