help on annealing and tempering

I am looking for a a good web page that deals with annealing and tempering differnet metals. Could someone post a weblink or point me in the right direction.

thank you

Reply to
acrobat ants

This page will give all the specs for temps for quench and temper.

on whatever material you are dealing with" eg 4130, 304, etc.

You probably want to get a textbook > I am looking for a a good web page that deals with annealing and

Reply to
RoyJ

300 series stainless steels are not heat treatable and can only be work hardened. From the work hardened state they can be fully annealed but not tempered.
Reply to
tomcas

Reply to
RoyJ