HF auto darkening helmet

This was kicked around a year or so, but I don't remember the consensus. What does everyone think of them. My main concern is eye safety. I am only an occasional user?

Thanks

Chuck P.

Reply to
Pilgrim

If you are an occasional user, it will do just fine. As with any quality piece of electronical equipment, I keep mine in a sealed cabinet, resting on my gloves and hat when not in use. The headband cracks, otherwise, and the heat and cold don't do it a lot of good if it's just hanging from a hook. Plus there's always a danger of it getting whacked. Treat it softly, and it should last a while. Go get some batteries in advance, as they always go out right in the middle of an important project on a day and time when the store is closed.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I have two of them and I have had no problems whatsoever. No headbands cracking and mine don't have batteries.

j/b

Reply to
justme

I have one, I use it ocaisionally. It is solar powered and needs no replaceable batteries. I would buy another

Reply to
nadogail

ditto. some minor complaints about its sensitivity to work lights (when working near light source, tends to darken when I don't want it to) but I can live with that at the price.

Reply to
mkzero