hobart stickmate questions

I am thinking of getting the hobart stickmate 205 ac welder. I've herad some refernce the 235 ac only but couldnt find a place that sold them. similar quality?

I also would like to hear comments about ac/dc versus ac only. I plan to do nothing that needs pretty welds, so is the DC needed? all mild steel

Reply to
Tater

heh, disregard. found the 235ac only at amazon.com for less than what the 205s were going for.

and yes, i did read about the dammaged shipping fiasco withe the other poster on their welder, I'll risk a chance....

Reply to
Tater