How to secure your bike

Another article has been posted on WeldingFaq.com

That's a great idea to include the 'bolt heads' to make it appear bolted to
the floor.
Another great article thanks to Randy Zimmerman!
Larry

'Web Guy & Hobbyist Welder'
Reply to
Larry
I like the bolt tabs idea
Ian
Reply to
A Bewlay Brother
We thought up that one since it is in a apartment and the guy would have problems asking to drill and lag into the floor. I really should have masked off the bolt heads but didn't think of it until after. After working in a prison I came to the conclusion that most thieves are not very smart anyway.... at least the ones that get caught. The bike owner showed me one chain lock he had that they sawed through before giving up. Now he will have a chain lock, this monster floor anchor and the steering lock. Nothing four guys with a big pickup can't overcome but that takes planning. Randy
Reply to
Randy Zimmerman
Hopefully those 4 guys don't read this newsgroup or you webpage!
Sean
hmmmm.... where "abouts" does this guy live anyways?
walt (typing in a dark room next to 3 shifty looking friends)
Reply to
wallster
Even I don't know :')) Randy
Reply to
Randy Zimmerman
nice job Randy! i dont lock up my harley, i figure the thief would slip on the oil it leaked and break his neck.
walt
Reply to
Wallster!