Huntsman 951P Question

I got a NexGen in a Jackson hood, which is a little less than acceptable. The Jackson hood won't hold up the weight, and falls down a lot. I have heard it mentioned here many times that a Huntsman 951P is the hood to put the NexGen lens into. So, today, while making a trip to the dump, I passed the welding supply store, and went in to purchase one. The tekkie/geek told me that the NexGen would not fit in there. I had mentioned that people had told me they would. He suggested that I bring the lens in and make sure.

This is a ways out of my way. I will take the lens next time, just to make sure the thing fits. Anyone have hands on experience with these hoods and lenses? Is this tekkie/geek right or wrong?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The lens fit's fine in mine.

Contact Jackson and they can send you a special retainer spring for the

951P the works better with the Nexgen lens.

They sent me one when I asked.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie,

Thanks for the retainer spring information.

Steve,

I was checking back in on the NG after a couple of days off, and saw your post. Funny thing is on the way home from work this morning I stopped by Airgas and picked up a 951P for the very reason you described.

Anyone you know in our area that's looking for a horizontal bandsaw? I've got one in the garage, that I'm not using and it's taking up space. It runs, but needs some attention, and I would rather not put it out for Republic Services.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Bender

Well, I called Jackson (1-800-253-7281) about the special spring retainer for the Nexgen lens in the 951P.

They said the part number is 35091.

After explaining that I wouldn't of had to buy the 951P, if the helmet that the Nexgen lens came in, would stay up, they agreed to send it to me for free.

Based on my conversation with Jackson, I think I'll wait until I get the spring retainer before I switch out lens.

Reply to
Robert Bender