Question about the NexGen lens in a 951P

I went out and got a 951P to install my NexGen lens into. I also called Jackson and had them send me the special retaining spring (P/N 35091).

It's in the helmet like this: Clear front lens > Thin, hard plastic gasket that came with the 951P > NexGen > Clear NexGen Inside lens > Retaining spring.

Is this how it goes?

Thanks

Reply to
Robert Bender

That's how I have mine. What's this special retaining spring? Does is stand off more than the original to accept the NexGen lens better?

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

Yes it replaces the standard spring and makes the nexgen stay in better.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Yes that is corect.

It will work even better if you can find one of the rubber edge gaskets that captures the front clear protective lens. You wrap it around the edge of the clear lens and then place it in the hood. It seals dust out better so you don't have to clean it out as often.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Can I get the gasket & spring from Jackson/Huntsman, or do I have to order through a dealer?

Thanks

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

Thanks for the tip on the front lens. I just wanted to be sure. The gaps on the sides of the NexGen while in the helmet were making me think that there was some sort of centering gasket that was needed to keep it from moving around.

Reply to
Robert Bender

John,

First, while talking to Jackson, they wanted me to go down to the local dealer and order the spring retainer. After I explained to them, that I wouldn't of had to buy the 951P if the original helmet would of stayed up, and not drooped, they sent it to me free.

Reply to
Robert Bender

The gaskest are standard issue at welding supply stores. I don't think mine came from Jackson.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Pardon my ignorance [I have a 951P] but why is the NexGen lens so desired ? And, is there only one NexGen lens and if not, which NexGen lens is being installed in the 951P ?

Thank you, Courtney

Robert Bender wrote:

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

It is the top of the line LCD lens from Jackson EQC, but the hood they sell it in, sucks. The Huntsman 951P has much better headgear.

There is only one Nexgen lens from Jackson.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler