In L.A. Dec 11-17th

Gunner and gang-

My Girlfriend and I are going to be in the L.A.area (Hermosa Beach) and she will be working I will be goofing off (With a rental car). I'm wondering if I can hook up with some of you guys out there to see what the area has instore if I move out there (Besides having to sell all my guns!) if I can assist on any jobs or projects (Gratis) I'd love to check out the metal/work world there. Chicago is a bit dull and cold so we are looking forward to the weather. Frankly, I have no idea what I'm going to do for the entire week but screw off and relax while she works but I figured I would take this chance to meet some of the SJEW/RECMETAL crew out there from the West if you would not mind me hanging around. No problems playing shop grunt or learning something new. I'd like to get a chance to see the area and see if it's worth the "sunshine tax" and put some faces to many of the people who I have met here.

Many, many thanks in advance,

Rob Fraser

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, Il.

Any private replies can be shot over to snipped-for-privacy@RobFraser.Net Just pop out the obvious nospam.

Reply to
RDF

I'm 40 miles SW of Hermosa but if you come down to Orange County call me at (949) 645-7601 and we'll at least offer you a tour of our shop and some local color. Leigh at MarMachine

Reply to
CATRUCKMAN

Id be tickled to load you up in the truck and take you to a few places. Might even be able to find you a gig. Starting a new project and the company may be needing some welders, TIG/Mig...stainless steel tanks and whatnot. Might need somebody to set up their new welding shop when they move.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

This is sounding really good fellas! I really appreciate the efforts. My gal is a little miffed that she will be working and can't understand why I'd spend my vacation cranking metals and scoping the areas and some shops..... Mars/Venus thing I guess. I did mention I could spend the days in a strip club instead... She then asked if my leather's and welding helmet could be fit into a carry-on!!! Sounds like I'm off to a great start... Thanks again Leigh, Gunner and William... Much appreciated!

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

I think I can get him in a few.....

And maybe a big anodizing shop and ....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

CHICAGO???

OK, Gotta ask. What guns are you allowed to possess in Chicago that you will have to sell if you move to L.A.? I thought Chicago was one of the "Black Holes" of firearms ownership.

Bill

Reply to
BillM

Reply to
William Noble

Indeed. No one needs it in an urban invironment, and in a rural one...no one is around to hear you.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Hawke