Irrigation pipe alloy

Any ideas what alloy some irrigation mainline would be? I was able to weld it pretty well, but can't seem to find out what it's made of, i.e.

6061 or 6063 or something else.

Does 6063 aluminum conduit like to be welded? I am using 4043 filler and want to weld caps on the end for a boat project.

Thanks, Rod

Reply to
rod richeson

6063 is 6061's slightly softer weaker cousin. It is used for pipe and tube that may have to be rolled into a curve. 6063 welds just like 6061. 5356 or 4043 filler work fine.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler