Lincoln Currents

Looked for Stabilizer Mag on their web site but found Currents full of marketing excesses. It had nice newbe welding table project with lots of pictures. Only penny pinching stupid execitive would include that silly hand held welding shield in MIG welding packages. Only ass kissing idiot marketing droid would insist that pice of crap subsitute for real helmet be used in project pictures.

I thought it couldn't get worse until saw this Header for Square Wave Pro 175. "Get the performance of a 375-amp machine in this 175-amp Stick and TIG welder!" Total BS.

Must be Miller Electric's dreams come true that Lincoln is distroying their credibiltiy by such a poor publication.

Reply to
R. Duncan

The good Lincoln magazine is Welding Inovations. More engineering data, and less hype. Some really nice write ups of large structural jobs.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

The marketing guys have been working overtime with Miller too. Their website is showing a demo of stop starts ( 79,000 times) on the same contact tip. At work we are making jokes about welders using too many tips and how they should be able to make a tip last for years. In the last ten years I have noticed a marked increase in sensational adverts for welding products. I have noticed both the red and blue have been dumbing down their advertising literature. In many cases the person purchasing equipment has little welding experience. This past Friday I had two people in power (not welders) mention to me how our new welders will significantly weld faster. I can see a ten or twenty percent increase but what really will make the difference is the digital displays, the boom mounted feeders, and synergic control. We won't be welding much faster but "arc on" time will increase. You are right about "penny pinching stupid executives". They are alive and well. Last month a foreman from another shop boasted to me how he saved money by controlling how much soapstone the fitters used. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of steel go through that shop in a week and he worries about an extra box of soapstone. The marketing guys know these people exist and they are targeting them. Randy

"R. Duncan" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@newsgroups.bellsouth.net... Looked for Stabilizer Mag on their web site but found Currents full of marketing excesses. It had nice newbe welding table project with lots of pictures. Only penny pinching stupid execitive would include that silly hand held welding shield in MIG welding packages. Only ass kissing idiot marketing droid would insist that pice of crap subsitute for real helmet be used in project pictures.

I thought it couldn't get worse until saw this Header for Square Wave Pro 175. "Get the performance of a 375-amp machine in this 175-amp Stick and TIG welder!" Total BS.

Must be Miller Electric's dreams come true that Lincoln is distroying their credibiltiy by such a poor publication.

Reply to
R. Zimmerman