Looking for a good reference book for welding

I am after a good reference book for welding that covers all aspects of welding from Oxy, Stick, Mig and Tig and a reference on correct procedure with materials and consumables to use.

Is there one?

Cheers

Jarrod snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Jarrod

The best one I've found is:

Modern Welding Andrew Daniel Althouse, William A. Bowditch, Kevin E. Bowditch, Carl H. Turnquist ISBN: 156637605X

This is a textbook used in a lot of welding classes and is very complete and reasonably up to date. Be sure to get the textbook and not the lab manual or teachers handbook, both of which have the same name. The textbook is over 700 pages and is available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble

Reply to
Bob Robinson

Lincoln Electric has a large amount of printed material they will send you free. The Lincoln Foundation has a huge amount of information at very low prices. Everyone should have a copy of the Procedure Handbook, it answers

80% (OK, I made that statistic up, but it's pretty close) of the questions commonly seen here.

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

I found Modern Welding to be extremely useful. Unlike most other books, this one illustrates and describes in words the correct motion of the torch or stick.

The new, current editi> > I am after a good reference book for welding that covers all aspects of

Reply to
AL

It's good, and you are interested in Ali, get the Kaiser book. Dunno if it's still in print, but you can find it used for $10 or less. Both Lincoln and Miller have a ton of info and notes on their websites, and their handbooks used to be just a few dollars each.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Thanks dudes for your help.

Just ordered Modern Welding from Amazon.

Cheers

Reply to
Jarrod