MG book any good?

--Has anyone read "How to Weld Damn Near Anything"? I saw it repeatedly in a google search. My dream would be to sit there and watch Jesse TIG weld, but the book would do, if it covers those things. --I've got the basics, but he seems to have *really* good technique..

Reply to
steamer

It looks like Richard Finch wrote it. He also wrote the welders handbook which I thought was overly basic..

"Beginning with how to select welding equipment through advanced techniques such as MIG welding and plasma cutting, this book will teach the average gearhead how to bond metal in his or her garage."

If MIG and plasma cutting are considered "advanced" topics -- I suspect a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.

I flipped through the book at the paint shop. It has a "monster garage" scrapbook look to it, didn't look close enough for content. I suspect it will eventually be at the library, where I can find plenty of other welding resources now.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Or if you need to have your own copy and don't feel like paying retail, there are plenty of discounted and used book sources on the web. Just go to

and search for the title in "quotes".

I also found discounted welding books at my local Community College.

Larry

'Web Guy & Hobbyist Welder'

Reply to
Larry