A good textbook on hydraulics

I would like to know if anyone can recommend a good book or a website on hydraulics. Not just explaining the basics, but the details like variable displacement pumps, pressure regulation, and other such things. Thanks

Ignoramus22298

This may be more basic than you need, but someone posted a link to some Toro training manuals a while back and they have one on hydraulics:

I would like to know if anyone can recommend a good book or a website on hydraulics. Not just explaining the basics, but the details like variable displacement pumps, pressure regulation, and other such things. Thanks

Carl Ijames

I got some of the Womack Educational Publications books "Industrial Fluid Power Text" that are pretty good intro's. Mine came from fleabay. I got Volume 1, a friend got 1-3 and he spoke well of them too.

Vickers Hydraulics also has some good information in their book "Industrial Hydraulics Manual".

BobH

Reply to
BobH

Try the old Audel book for that.

The Toro manual Carl suggested is pretty good, too.

-- You can either hold yourself up to the unrealistic standards of others, or ignore them and concentrate on being happy with yourself as you are. -- Jeph Jacques

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It is awesome, thanks. It is available online also.

I just downloaded it. Great read.

Ignoramus22298

I suppose the military training manuals are available somewhere. You might try searching for the aircraft hydraulics & pneumatics manuals associated with the MOS 6055, IIRC.

They are likely to have been published under the Department of the Navy and/or USMC aircraft training manuals.. likely Army and USAF also.

Lots of tubin' on those rotary and fixed wing birds.. every type of pump from manual emergency type to very sophisticated variable pumps with feedback sensors.

Reply to
Wild_Bill