NBIC

Hi All,

I'm looking for some info regarding National Board Inspection Exam. I have been in B&PV inspection for 8 years, in overseas projects, using ASME code. I'm holding CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) welding inspection certificate for ASME IX, VIII and B31.3, does it help? Anyone has experience with that exam? I do not work for an insurance company or inspection authority, Is training course mandatory?

Thanks for the help.

-- Please reply this, in the group.

The National board website has contact nubers for inspectors in your state. You should be able to contact someone in your state for a schedule. The price is VERY reasonable (around $125.00) . The training course is not required. I hope to take it myself but haven't had the chance.

Have a nice day Gerald Austin

Reply to
Gerald Austin

See:

As far as I know, a course is not mandatory. A coworker of mine is planning on taking the exam in a few months, no course, but has several other inspection and trainer certs and about 30 years in the Boilermakers doing and running jobs. He doesn't seem to be overconfident about it, nor particuarly worried. I get the impression from the course descriptions that the course is more about the application of the regulations, the basic knowledge and experience being presupposed.

Right, national board advised me that the course is not mandatory. The point is, I can write the exam but can't apply for the national board commissioned inspector certification, since I do not work for such authorized organizations. Call it career decision, how do you see this? "writing the exam and looking for a job in an authorized inspection agency/insurance company" or just "jumping to something like ASNT or CGSB certification" the latter may give me the opportunity to search for international (for sure not Iraq) opportunities as well.

Thanks On verge of complete confusion