NexGen EQC Question

I got two CR2450 3v. batteries in my NexGen. They are down to 2.85 v. Is that enough to run it? My helmet won't come on, and I was wondering if it was the batteries, or something else. I'll get a couple of hot batteries, but was wondering just how much juice these need to run.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I left mine in a dark bag for 8 months or so and the batteries were dead. I don't remember what the voltage was though, sorry. With new batteries, it is as good as new.

BobH

Reply to
BobH

Good question. I've had my NexGen EQC for probably a decade and have yet to have to replace batteries, or have it fail to function. I don't use it every day of course.

Reply to
Pete C.

Checked mine again today, and there was a low battery indicator. I read they had this, but have had this for 4-5 years, and didn't know if this one had it or not. Apparently, it does. But the other day when I fired it up, there was nothing on the screen.

Battery fart.

Have some welding to do to make a light pole for my metal halide yard light, and others. I used the standard Jackson, and I like it, but the autodark is the cat's meow.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I have to agree . My Lovin' Wife got me one for Christmas , and I honestly don't know how I ever welded without one !

Reply to
Snag

"Snag" wrote

That's a good woman!

I remember listening to my first CD. Huey Lewis and the News, The Heart Of Rock And Roll .......................

We've seen some stuff in our lives, haven't we?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Better than I deserve ! Last year , even though she doesn't approve of me riding this time of year , she got me 'lectric motorcycle gloves . I see/hear stories of other women and how the act/are , and I count my blessings . Next August will be 38 years , and we only knew each other for 4 months when we got married . Destiny struck ...

I think my first was a Moody Blues ...

Yup , and some of it I'd just as soon I hadn't .

Reply to
Snag

I tend to replace the batteries in my Nexgen once a year. I always keep a spare set in my welding bag. They are fairly sensitive to low batteries.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Been to THREE WalMarts now, all three were out of the 2450's. Two Walgreen's, same thing. Guess it is a pretty popular battery.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Steve B wrote: (...)