NI 99 TIG rod

Anyone have 5 or 6 rods of 3/32 99% Nickle TIG rod they can part with? My dealer can only get 10 pounds at a time he says. This is way more than I need and way too much money. At first he thought he could just order a pound and it would be around 20 bucks apparently it's only available in 10 pounds. I only need a few rods and dont want to spend that kind of money, I would be glad to spend a few buckd for the rod and shipping. Please let me know....Thanks, Joe

Reply to
joebass

Damn I should open a store.

OK I'll sell you 1 lb of Pure Nickel rod. I have 3/32" and 1/16". $15 should cover the rod and shipping.

email me an address. I am already sending out a pound of 4047 to another guy on Monday. I can send your's too.

Anybody else need something. I have lots of Inconel 625, some Haynes 556, Inconel 718, 317L, 347. I am not selling any of my Hastelloy W, so don't even ask.

Let's see...Silicon bronze, sil-phos, phosphor bronze, a bunch of weird magnesium alloys, and of course 4047 aluminum.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie,

You should open a store. Maybe just a web page with all the different rods and stuff you have available and price. You should benefit from your efforts here on the NG, few of us can share the expertise that you do on a regular basis.

Weekly bulk ship dates are doable for those of us that can't use (or afford) 20 or 50 lb minimums on a single type of rod. That way you don't need to go out of your way every day to ship stuff.

My local welding supply, Phoenix welding just had the employees sign a document that holds them responsible for NOT breaking boxes of rod or anything else. Get this! It's not due to loss, it's due to the lawyers suing welding suppliers over the "detrimental physical effects" of welding with any rod. If they stay in the original package the local distributor is not legally responsible.

DAMN I want to weld a cage around some lawyers or maybe just some heavy footware. Suck > Damn I should open a store.

Reply to
Bart D. Hull

The alloy I really want is a new one called Inconel 686. Unfortunately it costs $41/lb with a 10 lb. minimum.

I don't think I can make enough selling tig rod to afford that stuff new. Boeing never has TIG rod anymore at Surplus. Probably because nobody at Boeing welds anymore. According to a local sales rep , 20 years ago Boeing had 475 welding machines in western Washington between all their plants.

As of last year they had 72.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Say Ernie, a couple of days a go a guy was asking how to weld a Christmas tree. What current should I use for 3/32 spruce rod, and do you have any I could buy :).

Reply to
Mike Swift

Sorry I only have Fir rod for welding glue-lam structural beams.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler