nozzle for miller M10 gun ?

Hi,

I got a millermatic 175 today, after carefull search , i did not find a fluxcore style nozzle for the miller M10 gun

I was accustomed to Lincolns little plastic nozzle when flux was in use , it did cover the gas discharge ports and gave a sligthly better view of the puddle in tight places, i liked it. what does miller reccomend ? there is nothing in their web page undr accessories.

so my question is: does such slim nozzle exist for this M10 gun?.

thanks

Reply to
somedude

I have a HH175 which has a H10 gun. It is my understanding that the H10 is the same gun as the M10. It was discussed on the Hobart site and the factory guys said that there was no such nozzle available. I use mine with the nozzle removed when welding with flux-core. Be aware that the metal parts exposed when you remove the nozzle are electrically hot when you pull the trigger. It is a lot easier to weld with the nozzle off. You can see really well what the puddle is doing. Just don't touch the side of the tip against any part that is conductive. I also spray the contact tip with nozzle spray once in a while to keep any spatter from sticking to the end of the gun.

Reply to
bitternut

Reply to
somedude