Miller Trailblazer 175

Well, I am narrowing it down for a truck mounted and portable welder. I keep coming back to the blue 175. The comparison charts all have it about one step above the others in most comparables. It has a 240 plug that I can run my Lincoln 175SP+ off of. OR at least I think it will run it? Will it?

And what about the engine choices? Which engine would you go with and why? Are the Robin engine parts as spendy as the Onan? Reliability?

How about the Miller Bobcat?

This machine will be used to provide field power for tools, a 220 plug for the SP175+, and to do stick welding, but not a lot of big heavy jobs. Mostly short repairs.

Steer me to the right thing here.

Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The newer not-made-in-the-USA Onans are garbage to the point that OEMs redesigned their equipment for Robins or Kohlers.

Robin/Subaru engines have a good reputation.

HTH- Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns