Auctioned Miller Bobcat

I briefly stopped by an auction today where a logging company was scaling back its operation.

One of the items auctioned was a Miller Bobcat welder, 225 Amps, 8000 watt generator and Onan engine. I'm almost sure it was gas though Onan is known for its reliable diesels.

I believe it brought about $4800. It was on a nice trailer and had a small compressor and tool box with it, along with about 50' 2/0 (?) leads.

Seems it only had about 300 hours on it.

Wasn't this a bit high?

Reply to
Al Patrick

Thomas Kendrick

Isn't a new one around $3000? I don't know how much the trailer costs.

Reply to
AL

Miller Bobcat on Google brought 137,000 hits in .10 seconds. A new Bobcat sells for $3063. Add in the other things, and you could have the whole rig for a total of $4800 with zero hours on it.

It looks like it was a high price.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I failed to mention it also had a vise mounted on the trailer so you had a bit of a work platform. Someone probably got into a bidding war! :-)

Reply to
Al Patrick

Still, $1800 seems a bit high for a vise! 8-)

Reply to
RAM^3