OA regs questions

According to the experts...
...Using an "R" hose on Propane cuts it's life span in half from about 10 years to about 5 years.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
eRodenatorfor gopher warfare, and I already had a Harris propane regulator
***************************************************************************= ********************** ***************************************************************************= ********************** WARNING TO ALL PERSONS REGARDING THE RODENATOR!
THE RODENATOR PRO IS A DEVICE THAT CANNOT BE DUPLICATED BY USING "WELDING SHOP" COMPONENTS!
MANY YEARS OF ENGINEERING AND TESTING HAVE GONE INTO THIS PRODUCT TO ASSURE THE SAFETY OF THE OPERATOR AND TO ALLOW FOR A HUMANE AND EFFECTIVE RESULT.
THIS DEVICE HAS PROPRIETARY COMPONENTS TO PROPORTION THE GASSES WITHIN THE DEVICE, COMPRESS AND INJECT WITH HIGH PRESSURE INTO THE BURROW OF THE TARGETED ANIMAL.
THESE PROPORTIONS CANNOT BE DUPLICATED DUE TO THE TECHNOLOGY THAT IS USED TO ASSURE THAT THE PROPANE AND OXYGEN ARE WITHIN IMPLOSIVE LIMITS WITHOUT AFTER FIRE.
BE SO WARNED THAT OTHERS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO DUPLICATE SIMILAR HOMEMADE DEVICES IN THE PAST AND HAVE INCURRED SEVERE INJURIES AND BURNS!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS RELATING TO THE RODENATOR PRO, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THE FACTORY AUTHORITY AS FOLLOWS:
BOB BRUNO MEYER INDUSTRIES 888-778-7988 snipped-for-privacy@rodenator.com
Reply to
gophernator
[...]
I have done many things in my life that people said couldn't be done, were dangerous, that I couldn't do, or that were at best stupid.
I am sure that Rodenator wants to sell their products for $1900 each rather than having people make an acceptable equivalent device. If I owned that company, I sure would say that, too. I'd even come up with some all caps doublespeak disclaimer.
I find it curious that they state the specific mix of gas, yet say they inject it with high pressure. Where's the injection mechanism? It only comes with two regulators. Where's the booster? To inject under pressure would put even one of their operators at peril by changing the properties and explosive levels of the gases. I have a lot of experience with safety and safety training, qualifying to test with the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. I have never heard the terms "IMPLOSIVE LIMITS" that Rodenator uses. Lower explosive limits, upper explosive limits, flammability limits, etc, but never that term. So, they are using a little doublespeak there. I particularly like the "safety of the operator" part. They give the guy a hard hat and ear muffs and have him stand right over the tunnel entry he's pumping gas into. Watch the videos and see how many of those guys get a face full. If it was that dangerous, they would have a longer cord, and back the operataor AT LEAST out of the line of the exit portal. Instead, they got him looking down the barrel. They should have learned that the first day.... instead of MANY YEARS OF ENGINEERING AND TESTING HAVE GONE INTO THIS PRODUCT TO ASSURE THE SAFETY OF THE OPERATOR
Break it down into components. Two known gases, known gas flow rates, open areas where there are no structures, either wet or wetted grass, high quality equipment, what could go wrong? Lots. But approached with reason and caution, I think I can do this. Double flashback arrestors, Whitey ninety degree valves. And I do think I am going to position myself somewhere farther away from the exit portal than standing directly over it.
I've worked setting and detonating explosives. Even underwater. I've put up and dropped a lot of structures , towers, and assorted things to know a little about safety. I am an Offshore Petroleum Institute certified rigger. I was a certified crane operator and forklift operator for many years. I earned many welding certificates. I've done some incredible and incredibly stupid things. I think I can do this.
Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can, or can't, you're right."
I'll play with it.
Don't ever tell a welder that it can't be done.
Steve
Reply to
Steve B
According to Harold (lord high priest of all gas torch knowledge), all oxygen regulators will come with factory installed special non-oxidizing grease on the tip of the key.
He thinks that since Victor moved their assembly plant to Mexico that they have been putting way too much grease in there regulators. He usually removes 90% of it.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
I kinda thought so. This would indicate to me that these regulators are very gently used. There is more than necessary, so I'll take a bit out with a Q tip.
Thank you every so much for your help. Now, off to get a tip cleaner, tip nipper, etc. Pick up another tip or two.
Steve
Reply to
Steve B

Site Timeline