OT - Need to make thin ice quickly

Hi all,

I realize this is way off topic, but I'm hoping that the collective wisdom here might stray into the required area of expertise...

I need to create a thin sheet of ice (.0125"-ish) on a plywood ramp approximately 12" wide and 60" long, and I need to do it quickly; no longer than 10 minutes. I can't build anything substantial into the ramp (IOW, no refrigeration coils under the ramp), but anything else might be feasible. Dry ice and water? Liquid Nitrogen? I've heard some fire extinguishers could be used to freeze water? Any suggestions?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey