Pants on fire

Yeah, but Papa's pyro putty is even better. Modern pistol powder, and acetone. The powder absorbs the acetone and becomes a gel/putty that burns slowly, but very hot, even if wet.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

rodney johnson

Fellow working on the bench next to me was using a straight acetylene torch, the acytelene bottle set up on a trolley with a gas saver valve above it. When he finished soldering, he hung the torch back on the gas saver, but as he did, he accidently flicked the flame past the regulator. The o-ring under the regulator was leaking, letting some acetylene leak straight out of the bottle, which lit up in a small flame.

What happened next is one of the funniest things I've seen, he didn't turn the bottle off, or throw the bucket of water at his feet over the bottle, he ran outside the shop, got a mouthful of water out of the water cooler, ran back in and spat it at the flame, putting it out. Then stood there, obviously thinking to himself, why the hell did I do that!

regards,

John

Reply to
john johnson

Liar! Liar!

Reply to
John Smith

Geesus!, after reading all of these stories (some rather funny), I guess I better stick to TIG welding with my new Thermal Arc 185STW, at least it doesn't throw any sparks! But yeah, never thought of them khaki hairs... All my Dockers are like that (where the heel area drags the ground). When I get bored at the office, I usually just kick up a leg, pull out the ole Fiska's (scissors), and give em a hair cut (but that only lasts a few weeks). And yeah, molten balls of steel from stick welding does indeed make short work of most of these "mountian type shoes" like them Columbia shoes etc since the tongue is mostly thick foam rubber. But this post is indeed a very good reminder. Probably good to just keep a spray bottle with water in it close by - I almost always have one of them, or a windex bottle very close by (force of habit from years of R/C model airplane stuff)

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

"John Smith" wrote: Liar! Liar! ^^^^^^^^^ What took you so long?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman