Recommend a Third gas for TIG

Hi all,

We scored a nice empty large oxygen tank at a yard sale over the weekend

- and since we have plenty of oxygen on hand what would be a good 'third' gas for our TIG setup to swap this tank for?

We currently have straight helium and argon -

Thanks in advance,

Carla

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and, a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time.

Reply to
Carla Fong

The only gasses used for TIG are: Argon Helium Argon/Helium Argon/Hydrogen Argon/Oxygen

The Hydrogen and Oxygen mixes use only tiny amounts, 1% - 3%, so they are near impossible to accomplish with any affordable live-mixing rig.

I would probably just get another Argon bottle.

You can also trade it in towards several smaller portable tanks for location work.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

You don't find smaller bottles cost more per volume to fill?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thanks Ernie, that's just what we did today...

Carla

Reply to
Carla Fong

Yes but they are portable. I have bottles of every size for different purposes.

When you have to weld in a brewery's fermentation room you want a small bottle to carry in, and maybe a second small bottle for back purging.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler