Rumors of my death ........

You know that's Klingon for "Grow up and get a job!", Eh?

:-)

Good to hear!

Cheers trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Thanks!

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Actually it's an old Vulcan proverb. The Klingons didn't wish anyone a long life....

Mark

Reply to
Mark Tetrault

And if I was any kind of Trekkie, I'd have got it right in the first place.

DoH!

:-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

It's okay. It's like Homer Simpson said, any time I want to put something new in my brain, I have to kick out something old. Even a hard drive reaches capacity.

But it's amazing. I can remember minute unimportant things from thirty years ago, but go to the store for three items and have to call home twice.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"yIn nI' je chep" (Klingon translation of live long and prosper)

Course my favorite is "HIHIvqa' may' pequ' moH"

Its surprising how many people speak Klingon today.

and so forth.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

More accurately, it's a Vulcan farewell or good-bye.

(Doesn't a proverb tell a story?)

I have always wondered what their average lifespan was?

Years ago, during a conversation with another avid Treker, I said, "At least I don't dress up in costume and fake ears."

His reply? "Hey, watch it!!" (He obviously DID do those things!)

There appears to be a sizable hierarchy for this

Reply to
Jim Redelfs