Scrounger gloat

I scrounge. Like a cur that can't be broken of raiding the cat box for cat nuggets, I scrounge.

A local dirt pit went out of business. They have a boneyard that is amazing. I wanted some industrial screen to make a garden sifter out of. I also got lots of plate, pipe, and various "stuff". Rollers, pillow blocks, good "stuff".

They had some collars that are galvanized steel, 40" in diameter, and about

18" wide. They band around galvanized lightweight culverting or temporary pipe. There were about a dozen of them. I returned with one load of plate and screen and various steel, and one of the collars.

Well, Wifey saw it, and wanted all the rest to make tree rings. They're split and easy to use for tree rings. Weld two together, and you have a raised garden bed. So, she changes her clothes, and off we go to get another load of scrounge. While there, someone had cut down a large tree, and made the rounds about 18" long. Much of it had been split. So, we filled the bed of the truck with firewood in every little nook and cranny.

There's a lot more left, and there's always tomorrow. I need about eight foot of eight inch pipe for my 4th of July and New Year's propane cannon. This canyon is gonna ROCK!

Reply to
SteveB

SteveB wrote: (...)

Now I'm conflicted.

I don't know if I should be deep green in envy or just thankful that I don't have such a resource nearby because of the hassle raised by all the great junque that would collect in the back yard.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston