SEJW: Does anyone know any Canadian welding retailers online (with catalogues or pricing?)

Hi there,

I'm trying to get some comparisons, MSRPs, etc. and I'm wondering if any of you might help expand my list of online welding retailers (they can be brick and mortar shops which I prefer but I wanted to shop around a little). Does anyone know if any online Praxair dealers have pricing? I can't find any. I found BOC which was purchased by Linde??

Any help would be great as I'm aiming to pick up 1 MM180 or 210.

Thanks. Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

The best pricing on machines is given by ebay dealers, notably IOC whose ebay handle is weldingsuppliesatioc. For many other things I shop at two different online sites, weldingsupply.com and weldingdepot.com - both are good at different things.

Several items I prefer to buy from a brick & mortar local store, just because there is significant value in a relationship with one. Ask if your local store can open a cash account for you. Doing so dropped a lot of the pricing by about a third, at least for me. I buy rod, wire and gasses locally, at least.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

A couple decent ones are these two

sure about shipping to Canada, but Cyberweld ships free in the U.S. 48 and Ram ships free to western U.S. on orders over $50. Tim

Reply to
Tim Mulvey

brick and mortar, i'm sure you know liquid air

and praxair appear to ahve redone their site so i dont know the navigation anymore

i recomment airliquide anyhow form having very good experiences in ottawa at their "brick and mortar" shop

Reply to
Brent

Thanks for the advice and the links. Apparently a lot of folks don't ship welders to us Canucks. My local Prax dealer actually seems to be very aggressive is his pricing. He told me when I left that if a 'sale' ended, he would still honour the deal and he was assure me that I would never pay list. He sounds like a good fella to keep on speed dial I guess...

Thanks, Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

Last year in the Brick and mortar shop and for at least 2 years previous i ALWAYS expected to pay at least US list in $Cdn if not better

As you are well aware a year or two ago that was a fair price and well in comparison with the EBAY dealers. The store has some flex in pricing if need be and they can be very helpful

Reply to
Brent