SEJW: electrode manufacture

--Just saw a neat segment on How It's Made that describes how stick welding electrodes are made. What got me was the name of the segment displayed on my satellite system; they called them "wedding electrodes". Heh.

Reply to
steamer

The first several seasons of the show were shot in French and just the voiceover was translated to put it on the discovery channel. The problem is they didnt double check against an english speaker in the industry. and there was NO account of the fact that english has three words that he french language compresses into the word "SOUDER." Solder Weld and Braze are all the same word in French.

I speak both languages fluently and thats what drives me nuts because an ounce of asking someone would have made the show far better for english audiences.

Brent Ottawa Canada

Reply to
Brent

I thought that was a cattle prod - wedding electrodes!

I'll have to check!

Mart> --Just saw a neat segment on How It's Made that describes how stick

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn