Silicon Bronze Brazing

I am looking to braze small holes on a '59 Austin Healey Sprite. I have a gas setup and also an Eastwood 135 MIG. I am wondering the process for patching the holes. I saw a guy online lay a small chunk of metal on a hole and bronze around it. He then cooled the patch with water. I am curious what kind of metal was used for the "small chunk." Any thoughts?

Reply to
Scott Wood

I used pennies the one time I did it.

Reply to
Pat

Back in the day, we used COPPER pennies, but that was in high school in the '50s. I guess small copper or brass discs would work fine.

Reply to
Nadogail

No such thing as 'small' holes in a '59 Sprite! Cut back to sound metal & fit new metal flush, MIG it in & grind back - invisible repair done properly.

Phil.

Reply to
Phil